Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution suggests depositing and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server managed by a hosting provider. There are different classes of hosting services used for various goals, so let's explore them. Thus, you can determine what you want, on the basis of whether you wish to establish a website, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by various companies, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file storage services often include ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular period of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly fallacious interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would assign the tasks at hand between autonomous stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web page hosting services (mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some suppliers offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is suitable if you desire to share an immense quantity of pictures with pals or acquaintances since the solution is usually free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to managing your mailbox accounts. Some suppliers provide web hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an email solution. If you wish to own an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can create email accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and several hundred web page visitors, you may have a problem with your web page hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will enable you to administer as many video clips as you want without bothering about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to possess a site. To a certain extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and electronic mail accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Centunet Multimedia Resources, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one single place. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the routine email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for specific web content solely.